How to clean toupee?
When cleaning the toupee , you need to be very careful.
CLEAN YOUR SCALP:
Follow these instructions to effectively remove adhesive residue from your scalp.
1. Spray citrus oil adhesive remover onto your scalp and allow to penetrate the residue for 1-3 minutes.
2. Firmly wipe off the adhesive residue with kitchen roll (useful because of its abrasive surface) until any trace of adhesive has been completely removed.
3. If there is a lot of residue on the scalp and in your hair, use a fine tooth nit comb. This is a fantastic tool for removing residue from the scalp and hair. Gently comb it over the scalp and hair and it will collect the residue on the comb.
4. Shampoo your scalp and hair to remove any trace of adhesive remover, then rinse thoroughly. It may be necessary to repeat this step a few times because any trace of adhesive or the remover will weaken the strength of subsequent bonding.
CLEAN SKIN BASE HAIR SYSTEM:
It is also essential to completely remove any adhesive residue from your system to guarantee the efficacy of your bonding.
1. Spray citrus oil adhesive remover onto the skin base and allow to penetrate for 1-5 minutes.
2. Firmly wipe off adhesive residue with kitchen roll until all traces of adhesive have been completely removed.
3. Shampoo the underside of your system to remove any trace of adhesive remover, then rinse thoroughly. It may be necessary to repeat this step a few times because any trace of adhesive or the remover will weaken the strength of subsequent bonding.
CLEAN LACE SYSTEM (INCLUDING LACE FRONT SYSTEM):
To clean the lace effectively, we use a technique called the ‘Mirror Slide’. It may seem a tad elementary, but it is really effective at removing surface residue from the lace and is used widely within the professional hair replacement industry – a great insider tip!
1. Using any household mirror (we use a 1ft square mirror tile purchased from a DIY store), gently press the bottom of the lace (area to be cleaned) onto the upper section of the mirror.
2. Now gently slide the system towards you, over the entire length of the mirror. You should now notice the adhesive residue has collected on the mirror.
3. Clean the adhesive residue off the mirror using isopropyl alcohol and kitchen roll.
4. Repeat this process until the entire lace is clean.
If there is residue stack on the cuticle hair, simply apply a bit of olive oil to the affected area to lubricate the adhesive then gently pick it off the hair
TIPS FOR REMOVING TAPE:
1. Using your fingers, lift a corner of the tape up and gently peel the tape off the system.
2. If the tape is difficult to peel off, spray a fine mist of lace release (Amber or C22) onto the tape to ease removal.
If there is any tape residue remaining on the system, please follow the cleaning instructions above.